Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sanibelle

The Diva has added a new feature to her blog called Use My Tangle.  Aficionados of the Zentangle technique can submit their original tangles for consideration and on the the first Monday of each month the Diva will make one of those tangles part of the challenge.  For the first Use My Tangle challenge the Diva chose Sanibelle by Tricia Faraone, CZT.


I actually started playing with Sanibelle after I had seen it used in many other tiles.  This tangle is a little deceiving because just by looking at it you think you would know how to do it but when you see Tricia's technique it is nothing like what I would have imagined (or at least it was a surprise to me!).  You can see for yourself by following this link to Sanibelle.


Not only is Sanibelle impressive, but it is fast.  It's also one of those tangles that fits into just about any area easily so it's a great one to use if you become "stuck". Thanks Tricia for the great tangle!

Tangles: Sanibelle, Cyme, Rain, Avreal

I would also like to send out a big congratulations to the Diva for winning the Most Fascinating Blog of 2011 in the Teaching category.  Way to go Laura!  You deserve it for all the inspiration and support you provide, not only with Zentangle but by increasing awareness of Moebius Syndrome. Keep those challenges coming!

13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, I love the way Sanibelle frames the whole zentangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...so Wonderful!
    Fantastic composition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Erin, this tile is so strikingly beautiful! I love all the light space with just the right amount of black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the Sanibelle is hugging the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i see a secret coming in the middle, it is a invitation! Very well done.
    Greetings from a cold holland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like peeking through a frame of Sanibelle to hidden treasures within. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both turned out so nice! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way the flowy Sanibelle frames angular lines. Great balance and contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this - so organic. I feel like I'm looking into a secret garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great framing - makes it look underwater!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley