Sunday, February 19, 2012

A little help, please

In this day and age when so many people are struggling I feel blessed every day to have a wonderful family, great friends, a roof over my head, and a job that pays well.  As I am sure we all know, not everyone is that lucky.  Here in Sonoma county, California the Redwood Empire Food Bank helps those in need of food and other necessities.  


I went to get my hair done the other day and my hairstylist Ann was telling me that for the last several years her grandson, Memphis, had been asking friends and family to donate to a worthy cause rather than buy him birthday gifts.  Each year he sets his goal higher and higher and this year Memphis wants to raise the equivalent of 7735 meals for the Redwood Empire Food Bank because he is turning 7.  In the past Memphis raised money for the Early Learning Institute and raised $900 to keep the Cotati's Kids Day Parade up and running.  


Memphis is turning 7 on February 26 and is so close to making his goal.  I'm sending this out in the hopes that some of you may be able to make a donation, no matter how large or small, to support Memphis in this endeavor.  You can read all about Memphis and learn how to donate here.



Thanks so much,

Erin

2 comments:

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley