Thursday, January 12, 2012

Undine

This week the Diva challenged us to use her new tangle, Undine.   Even though I tend to lean towards the organic tangles, I really ended up liking this geometric one because it allows for a lot of tangleations and has plenty of little spaces that you can fill in.   But the real reason I love this tangle is because of the name.  It is a tribute to the Diva's husband and her Undine love for him.  Get it?  How cute is that?


And while I am on the subject of the subject of the Diva's family, I just want to make a quick mention of her son Ozzie who has an extremely rare neurological condition called Moebius syndrome.  He is one of the cutest little guys you will ever see but Moebius syndrome affects the development of the cranial nerves making him unable to smile or frown.  He also has difficulty with sucking and swallowing making it difficult for him to clear his own airway.  What would be a simple cold for most of us easily turns into a hospital stay for Ozzie.  His parents are hoping to attend a Moebius syndrome convention in Philadelphia later in the year and are in need of a little assistance to make it happen. There is a link about it here.  Even if you can't contribute I know the Diva would be thrilled if you took a minute to educate yourself about the syndrome and get the word out so we can increase awareness, and hopefully funding for treatment.  

Tangles:  Undine, Crescent Moon, Printemps,
Rick's Paradox, Enyshou, Chemystery

Now, back to our tile already in progress.  I started with Undine and then filled it with Printemps and Rick's Paradox.  Crescent Moon seemed like a natural fit and Enyshou provided the bit of movement that I felt this tile needed.  I saw this tangleation of Chemystery on someone's blog and wish I could credit it but I'm not sure where I saw it.  

Overall, I liked the finished piece but I think I need to give Undine another attempt and see what I can come up with.  What? An excuse to tangle?  Like I really need an excuse.  What did you do with Undine?

10 comments:

  1. Erin, inserting Rick's Paradox into Undine is brilliant! I never would have thought to do that, but now I'll have to give it a try. Great group of tangles; they really enhance each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful selection Erin! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tile. Love your version of undine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this rocks. Love the movement you have in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. The way you filled Undine is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh lovely! great tangle choices and I love the blue coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, funny you should say that about the blue coloring. The piece is actually standard black and white, the issue lies in the photography. My husband bought me a fancy camera for Christmas and it has so many crazy settings I can't figure how to fix the coloring issue. I'm just glad it was a positive addition and not a negative one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Erin, for the shout out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Undine looks like an old greek pattern. My first thought was "Odyssee". Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley