Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembrance

In Canada, where the Diva lives, November 11 is Remembrance Day.  This week the Diva challenged us to create a tile that caused us to remember what was important to us.  Here in the states we are celebrating Veterans day which is a day for us to remember all those who have served past and present.  I am thankful for all of those who have shown such bravery and sacrifice to allow me to have the liberties that I do, especially my brother John who is a proud marine.

For my tile, however, I decided to head in another direction.  This tile is dedicated to my brother A.J. and what I know he will be remembering this week.  This one is for you little man.

Tangles:  Shattuck, Huggins

5 comments:

  1. Great movement and texture, two tangles that compliment each other beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Daniele's comment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of tangles Erin! Love all the texture this gives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, the icing on a week of memories!Beautiffuly done! The background reminds me of the chains of Navarre. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one, it's just beautiful! And ditto to what Daniele said.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley