Monday, October 3, 2011

A whole lot of firsts

This piece represents a whole bunch of firsts for me.  It's my first piece large piece, 8 inches x 8 inches.  It's my first done with sepia pens, first colored paper, and the first time I have colored a piece using Prismacolor pencils.  I also made the Zendala template myself from scratich using only a compass so I'm pretty proud of it.  Now that I have the knack of it, I think I will be making a lot more of these.  The Mi Teinte paper is perfect for this type of work,  I love how the coloring came out, and there is something very satisfying about creating a larger piece.  Plus, they make great gifts.


Tangles:  Printemps, Buttercup, Onamato, Socc

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this makes the part of my brain that craves symmetry and order SO happy! Ahh, the whole thing is just calming and serene. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley