Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I have a GREAT excuse!

I know I have been neglecting my blogging responsibilities for the last few weeks but I have a GREAT excuse!!!!!


This seminar was an amazing experience.  I know it sounds cliche, but I can't even put most of it into words.  I came away with new friends, amazing art, a renewed sense of artistic confidence, and the ability to take an art form that I love and believe in and teach it to others.  The experience was overwhelming in the best possible way.  I am truly thankful to Rick and Maria, their amazing family and staff, and to all the new friends I made  who showed such amazing mutual respect and admiration for each others work  as we all took the Certified Zentangle Teacher journey together.  Of course, I also have to thank my husband who agreed to a vacation in Providence, RI for my mostly selfish reasons (even though I know he had a great time regardless!).

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing some of new and exciting things I learned and people I met, but even if I recounted every bit of the experience in intimate detail I would not be able to do it justice.  It was a truly amazing event.


And lets not forget another important event, this weeks Diva Challenge!

This week the Diva challenged us to make a large version of a single tangle and fill it with other tangles.  It just so happens that I was at one of my favorite lunch spots, Willowood Market and Cafe, and saw that they had recently hung an employee art show.  I quickly noticed this painting:


The artist, Mike, is the chef at Willowood.  I told him what a great tangle pattern this would make and he agreed to let me copy it so I could come up with the steps which I will be posting later this week.  I told Mike that I thought it appropriate that he name it and he settled on Bault (pronounced Bo) which is a variation of his last name.  I plan on working with this tangle on a smaller scale and will post some additional tiles with the directions, but for now here is my completed challenge tile:

Tangles:  Bault, Keeko, Hollibaugh, Printemps, Huggins
W2, Socc, Knightsbridge, Munchin, Yincut, Shattuck,
Chemystery, Tipple, Msst, Tagh

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! a new tangle to discover!! cant wait for the instrutions to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to learn Bault and in the meantime, your enlarged Bault is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "new" string... and your tangles within look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great, organic pattern. I will have to come back and look at your breakdown for it. Great response tot eh challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin! Your tile is beautiful & I love your new tangle Bault! I can't wait for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on becoming a CZT! I'm looking forward to see the steps to Bault--I'll link back to them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin this is a perfect tangle pattern for the challenge. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool painting and great tangle for the challenge! Also big congrats on becoming a CZT. Welcome to this wonderful group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I love the new pattern and look forward to learning it when you have it ready to share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Congrats on becoming a CZT!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley