Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Paradox

This weeks Diva Challenge was to use the tangle Paradox as a monotangle.  I had mixed feelings about this challenge.  On the up side, I love monotangles.  I feel like they give me a license to be more creative than I might normally be.  On the down side, I have always been intimidated by Paradox, and therefore, have never tried it.  The silver lining is that Margaret Bremner, CZT posted and amazing tutorial about Paradox a couple weeks ago which gave me some extra confidence.  Armed with the tutorial and my "Just do it!" mantra I jumped in.  I have to admit I love, love, love the result.  Paradox has earned a place as one of my favorites.

Tangle:  Rick's Paradox

Since I love creating monotangles I thought I would post some of my favorites from the past.

Tangle: Buttercup

Buttercup is one of my favorite tangles so I mixed it up a little by putting it in a round format.

Tangle: Skeins

Skeins is one of my go to tangles.  It has so many variations and can fit in almost any space.  Getting this one right was a little challenging but totally worth it.

Tangle: Brix

In my opinion, Brix is one of the easiest tangles to learn.  This is one of my earliest Zentangle's and I remember how excited I was when I was able to achieve the look of the tangle "emerging" out of the holes.

Do you enjoy monotangles?

Why or why not?

Erin

11 comments:

  1. They all are very beautiful!
    And so very neat done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously tangled Erin,I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I love the way your Paradox flows across the tile diagonally and thanks for sharing all the other cool monotangles too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the line of your paradox. I enjoyed watching the others too, they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same journey as you did during this week's challenge, Erin. I went from being intimidated by Paradox to loving it. But, your challenge tangle is so much more free than mine. It's gorgeous! I really like all your others, too. This was a fun page to visit, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flow of your Paradox and your Buttercup variation is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never really considered doing a tile using just one tangle (I'm very new!) and yours are inspiring - I'm going to have to break free! I love doing paradox and am looking forward to trying my hand at a mono tangle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all great. I confess that the buttercup is my favorite. I need to play with that one more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all! I do like monotangles but I don't often play with many. My favorite to date is a round version of Purk. Love all of your offerings this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your paradox - glad you just did it! The corner to corner is a really nice look

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley