Monday, July 11, 2011

What's in a name?

What's in a name?  Apparently a lot more than I thought.  First off, if you read my very first post then you know that I jumped into this blog on a whim.  I was just looking for a way to get myself out there and hadn't put a lot of thought into the details.  I have come to realize that a name change is now in order.  For many reasons too tedious and boring to discuss here I have decided to change the name of this blog.  In the next week you will notice that I will be blogging under the name The Bright Owl.   I am trying to get everything lined up so that this causes no inconvenience to my readers and will not affect the followers of my blog but if by chance we do get separated please come find me at www.thebrightowl.com .


I had already planned on including the information above in my blog today but imagine my surprise when I saw that the Diva's weekly challenge also involved my name.  This week we had a guest contributor, Christina Vandervlist from stART.  We needed to use our initials, either in block or cursive form, to form our string.  





I have been trying to use some of my lesser used tangles to fill out my projects.  I think they worked our nicely in this tile.  


Tangles:  Verdigogh, Apeel, Florz, Tipple, Antidot, 


This challenge was a lot of fun.  I may be persuaded to do a couple more variations on this string.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous response to the challenge, kiddo! I'll be finding you, no matter what name you use...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this is so stylish! I love all the fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, so much flair...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiky and feathery at the same time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! I really like your fringe. (for lack of a better word I call it fringe.)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley