Monday, July 18, 2011

Taaaa Daaaah!

As I posted last week, I have made the decision to change the name of my blog.  I thought this would be an easy endeavor, but in reality, not very easy.  I purchased a domain name and the process of changing the name of the blog to match the domain and then linking it all together was a little more than I bargained for. Luckily, I have a techie husband but as can be the case, there was some husband wife tension involved.  In the end it all worked out and I can proudly present The Bright Owl blog.  I will be working out some design kinks along the way and adding some new features so please bear with me.  A little side note:  If you previously subscribed by email and have now found my blog by some other means you may need to re-subscribe if you still want to follow because this is a new address and the old one may no longer work.  If you are following with Google or some other blog reader there should be no interruption in that service.

Now, onto the important stuff:  The Diva's weekly challenge!

The Diva has had a very busy month and has been utilizing some fabulous guest contributors.  This week Carol Bailey Floyd has asked us to create a Zentangle that a fairy would like to live in.  Most of the time the challenges deal with the specifics of tangles or strings but for this challenge I had to convey a feeling.  There's a reason its called a challenge right?  So here goes:

Tangles:  Artoo, Y.A.F., Apeel, Mooka, Crescent Moon

I started with the flowers and vines because what fairy wouldn't love that?  The I decided to add a mooka moon and a sun tangled with crescent moon (an unintentional contradiction).  Upon further examination I decided  it needed a little something more so Marshall the snail was added.  Don't you think Marshall is the perfect name for a pet snail?  Voila, a home any fairy would be proud of!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I must say that looks fairy-licious! Nice interpretation of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your interpretation. Very fairy-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sprightly fun and lovely liveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine, rain and growth! Special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I'm sure it will make some fairies very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty happy place love it XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fairy garden...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It reminds me of what a fairy garden would look like in Alice in Wonderland. It is just whimsically delightful! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mooka moon! Marshall is sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taaa daaa to you... Fit for any first-class fairy. What a lovely little fairy fantasy you have there. I love the Mooka moon and (tee-hee) crescent moon sun (that was a fairy laugh, by the way)! and Marshall is marvelous! Congrats on the new blog presence, nice to have a techi helper.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley