Saturday, July 9, 2011

String Theory v. IV - Creative Genesis

This weeks Diva Challenge was presented by guest contributor Sue Jacobs, CZT.   Our mission, should we accept it, was to use an actual string (or anything resembling a string) attached to some sort of weight to create the string for our tile.  I grabbed some really neat bakery twine I had just bought and tied it to a pen.  I tried several times to let it fall freely onto the tile but soon realized that I was not so subconsciously guiding it.  Finally I just closed my eyes and let it go.


When I opened my eyes I was happy to see that it was something I could easily deal with.  I went through some old Zentangles to try to use patterns I haven't used in a while and I really like the results.

Tangles: Up and Across, Worms, Printemps, Onamato

10 comments:

  1. very nice! I like the way your printemps flows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The printemps really add a lot of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the movement and balance in this zentangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piece is lovely, I really enjoy your combination of textural with clean crisp lines. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that came out really nice! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This a a wonderful string and perfectly tangled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice combo and well-executed - lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley