Saturday, June 18, 2011

String Theory III - The Spiral

What a crazy week!  My life kind of felt like a spiral this week so I guess it is only fitting that the Diva challenge was to incorporate a spiral into this weeks Zentangle.  I have worked with spirals before and find them fun and not painfully challenging but in the past I have only used a few different tangles with them so this week I wanted to push myself.

Tangles:  Antidot, Betweed


Initially I really liked this spiral but when I added the other tangles I think the spiral got lost a little.  So I gave it another go:

Tangles:  Shattuck, Krust

This is a departure from my usual style but I like the end result.  This one was a lot more tedious than I bargained for and required some really aggressive shading to make it interesting, but I think it was good to take the creative departure.  Isn't that what Zentangle is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley